When it comes to buying a new pair of bra, you must know your correct bra band size, and failing to do so will cause you to end up with the wrong bra size, as most women do.
Your underbust plays the most significant role in giving you the full support that your breasts need so that you can feel confident and comfortable while wearing your bra.
You should always measure your underbust and bust size before you go out to buy a brand-new bra.
Table of Contents
What is underbust
Underbust is the measurement that is taken below your breast and around your ribcage for your band size.
This underbust measurement can be achieved with a simple soft measuring tape, as you’ll learn below.
When trying to figure out your band size, the underbust measurement will determine your bra band size.
Below you’ll find the universal band size, and with your underbust measurement, you’ll discover your country band size.
What you’ll need:
When taking your underbust measurement, you can have someone do it for you, or you can do it yourself.
When doing your underbust measurement yourself, it is best to do it in front of a mirror so that you can keep the tape measure level across your body.
- Tape measure
- Mirror (optional)
- Notebook and pen (optional)
How to measure underbust
- Take a ribcage measurement underneath your bust.
- By raping the tape across your back.
- Keep the tape measure snug and not too tight.
- The tape measure should be parallel around your back and pointing downwards towards the floor.
- Allow the tape measure to be at the correct level.
- Round it down to the nearest inch.