Sometimes a bra is more than just an undergarment. Today’s bralettes are pretty enough to be worn under clothing either as an accent like a traditional cami or as a top.
Many women wear a lace bralette to add a touch of femininity and sex appeal to their outfits.
Whether you can see the bra or give it a little accessory to boost your mood, a lace bralette is a fun addition to your wardrobe.
Table of Contents
Features of the Lace Bralette
Specific features of the lace bralette differ based on the brand, but here are some common ones.
- Lower coverage: Unlike their full coverage cousins, lace bralettes usually feature demi cups that you can wear with scoop necks and v-necks. If you’re wearing one as a top, make sure it’s thick enough not to be inappropriate.
- Triangle cups: Many lace bralettes feature triangle cups that offer coverage in a cute shape, often resembling a bikini top. This style is comfy and flattering under different necklines. If you wanted to wear a lace bralette under a wrap dress for added coverage, the triangle cups easily line up with the dress.
- No hooks or fixtures: Most lace bralettes are pullovers with no fixtures or clasps. This makes them more comfortable and casual than other lace bras.
Best Lace Bralettes
Some of the most beloved lace bralettes are made by these brands.
|Cosabella||Cosabella’s Never Say Never Sweetie bralette is made of a stretchy fabric providing all-day comfort. It comes in multiple colors and offers light support.|
|Wacoal||The Wacoal Embrace Lace Deep V is sleek and sexy, and it plunges low enough to be invisible under daring necklines. |
It also has a J-hook that converts it to a racerback. Available in multiple sizes, this bralette will become your new favorite.
|Smart & Sexy||Smart & Sexy’s Signature Deep V lace bralette is one of the most popular on Amazon. |
It is made for women with larger busts and offers more support than other lace bralettes. It offers great coverage and a flattering fit.
|Lively||Lively’s long-lined lace bra is one of its best sellers. This style is as comfy and supportive as other Lively bralettes, and the long bands provide more support than a traditional bralette. |
This bra performs like an active bra but looks sexy and stylish.
How to Pick the Right Lace Bralette
If you want to be daring and wear a lace bralette on its own, there are some things you should look for.
Otherwise, you might reconsider this daring fashion statement.
- Assess the coverage: If you’re wearing your lace bralette to a music festival or just out for the day, try it on to make sure it has enough coverage. You don’t want visible nipples under your bra.
- Support: if you’re wearing your lace bralette out, make sure it’s supportive enough for the day. If it’s uncomfortable, you’re less likely to wear it.
- Comfort: Before wearing a lace bralette as part of your outfit, make sure the band is comfortable. Some bands can start digging into your skin as the day wears on, and if this is the case, you’ll be ready to take your bra off before you get home. Wear your new lace bralette under clothing to see how it fits at the end of the day.
- Pick the right size: Many bralettes come in S, M, L instead of traditional bra sizes. Try on multiple sizes to make sure that your bra fits correctly. You might need to size up or down, depending on the brand.
How to Style a Lace Bralette
Your lace bralette can stand on its own and is a fun choice for a concert or a night out. Pair it with your best denim for a more casual look.
If you’re going for sophisticated, pair your lace bralette with a suit jacket and leather pants or a skirt and stilettos.
Wear a statement necklace to draw attention to your décolleté.
A lace bralette is versatile, cute, and sexy. Wearing one is an easy way to boost your mood whether you choose to make it visible or not.
Peruse your favorite brand’s website and find a lace bralette, or look through recommendations to find a new wardrobe staple.